This museum is located in Tervuren and since I’m writing an honest website here, I must be honest. For children under the age of 7 or 8, this is BORING. I highly advise not going here. My children’s favorite part of the trip was playing with the turn styles and running around outside.
Address: Chaussée de Louvain 13, 3080 Tervuren
Cost: Adults 4 Euro, children-free
The Museum is open:
– Tuesday to Friday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. (even if public holiday)
– Saturday and Sunday : from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. (even if public holiday)
The Museum is closed:
– Every Monday (even if public holiday)
– On 1 January, 1 May and 25 December
– On 24 and 31 December from 3 p.m.
Know before you go
If you really want to go, allow plenty of time for the kids to run around the beautiful gardens in the back to get their energy out. Children are not allowed to run, touch anything or jump around in the museum.
Down the hill from the Museum there is a nice lake with lots of wild birds to feed. You will also find a restaurant on the lake that sells ice cream, waffles and delicious lunch items. If it is a nice day, it is wonderful to sit on the terrace, that is if the kids sit still.